Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weird NFL Season

It's been a crazy season in the NFL. I played fantasy football for the first time this year, so I followed it a little more closely than I usually do. I also did pretty well as a fantasy team manager in both leagues I played in (12-2 and 9-4). Maybe Sam and I will buy an NFL team someday.....

Anyways, I learned some interesting factoids about the NFL playoff picture this year:

1) The Seattle Seahawks are the first team ever to make the playoffs with a losing record (7 wins, 9 losses). They tied for the best record in their division (the NFC West is horrible) and won a tiebreaker game tonight against the Rams to head to the playoffs.

2) The San Diego Chargers have the NFL's #1 ranked defense and #2 ranked offense and did not make the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

3) The Oakland Raiders won every single game they played against their AFC West division foes (2 wins each against the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers), but got 3rd place in their division and did not make the playoffs with an 8-8 record.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, if you go by average yardage, the Chargers have the #1 offense and the #1 defense. Which tells you how horrible their special teams had to be.

    ReplyDelete