Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm a Terrible Videographer

Earlier this week, Sam and I got to go to Des Moines to visit my brother, Andy. He's working as a page in the state House of Representatives during his last semester as a senior in high school. This means that whenever a rep needs something (whether it be a copy of a bill or a bottle of water) he gets to fetch it for them. That's a pretty simplistic summary, but he would tell you that it's be an interesting job overall.

When we visited, though, he got to play the part of a tour guide. He took us through all the nooks and crannies of the Capitol Building. We got to see places that normal tours never would.

Here's a video of the top floor of the rotunda. Sorry for the awful narrator, I'm not sure who that guy is...


This one's the inside of the golden dome. It felt like we were in "National Treasure" or something! Again, sorry about the narrator. The weirdo must have followed us around all day.


Lastly, the lavish Law Library (alliteration!). This place was sweet! And I never even knew it existed. A beautiful place filled with TONS of boring law books. Could be a cool place for someone's wedding photos, if our legislators would ever allow it. Just let me know, and I'll have Andy pull some strings for you. Just look past the fact that he's creepin' on my wife. Ha! What a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment