Thursday, September 16, 2010

Outsourced

About a week and a half ago Sam and I watched a movie called "Outsourced" with my family in Clarion. We found it by accident on that new "stream-movies-for-free-through-your-Wii" program thingy that Netflix is doing. If you're like me, you've never heard of the movie before. I'd never seen a trailer or a promo.

Needless to say, I didn't expect much. It's about a guy's job at a call center getting outsourced to India, so I thought it would be funny for Sam to point out all of the movie's shortcomings since she spent two months in the country.

We were astounded not only by the accuracy of the movie, but by the funny and extremely clever writing and the excellent acting. It was fun for my family and me to get a better concept of my wife's time in India while laughing at the comedy created by the culture chasm.

Here's a trailer:


There are a two "awkward scenes" where sex is strongly implied, but neither shows anything and they are easy to skip. Other than that, I remember the movie being pretty clean. (It's such a low-budget film that Focus On the Family's "Plugged-In" doesn't even have a review of it.)

Despite skipping two scenes, this was one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. I'm excited to see that NBC has a new show based on the movie! It looks like "The Office" meets India. It will probably end up being tacky or inappropriate, but here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment